If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you are lucky enough.

When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

The art of letting go...

I suck at it! Even if I can give you the best lecture ever invented.

So, I need help. I need to let go. I WANT to let go! I am working on it. Slowly...

Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it. (Kahlil Gibran)

So true. The issue of control and power. When all falls apart, you focus on a few things you can still control, that are still in your power, with all your might. Effort in - results out.

Then those used-to-be-controllable things slip away. At first you apply more effort to still catch some power over it, and it pays, then it requires more and more.

How many stages of depression there are? I won't read anymore lectures. I don't know.

There is a difference between giving up and knowing you have had enough.

There is a difference in living today, or in yesterday (and pretend it to be tomorrow).

Life ebbs and flows.

There are things I can not control, and there are things I choose not to control, because if I do, I will not be able to (at least pretend to) control some of those that are important to me right now.

I need help to let some things go.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, letting go is not my specialty either :( i guess i don't have any sage wisdom here...except that i completely "get it".
a good friend once advised me on this topic....(and i haven't done this so i can't tell you if it "works")...but, that it can be helpful to do some sort of ritual...something meaningful and concrete...something to symbolize letting go -- but do it is a real and physical way. her example was: she went to the ocean in a winter storm....windy cold and gusty...she thought of that thing she was struggling with releasing/letting go of...and then found the biggest heaviest rock she could find on the beach...sat with it...and gave allll that energy to the rock (cried, screamed, whatever) - and then said to herself "this is not mine anymore!!!" & threw that rock in the ocean. now, you may not find that helpful...you may have some other way...but i always thought that ritual seemed very powerful. i know how you feel -- it's so hard. big hugs to you!! xoxo

ultrarunnergirl said...

Sorry you are struggling with this.

I love the ritual suggested in the comment above.

I don't know how you'd go about this, but perhaps to truly let go, you have to look at it from a totally new perspective.

I'm reading Daring Greatly by Brene' Brown right now. There's some really amazing truths about being vulnerable and how it relates to control (and our relationship with, oh, EVERYTHING and everyone). I highly recommend it, for anyone.